Our office assists individuals seeking United States citizenship, from initial determination of citizenship eligibility to immigration form preparation and interview counseling.
At least 18 years old, and either:
- A Permanent Resident of the United States for 3 years*, based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, or
- A Permanent Resident of the United States for 5 years*.
*Naturalization applicants may file their N-400 application 90 days prior to their 3 year or 5 year residence requirement.
Steps & Requirements:
- Determine U.S. citizenship eligibility
- Prepare and submit Form N-400 Application for Naturalization with supporting documentation and filing and service fees
- Attend a biometrics appointment (fingerprint and photograph background check), if applicable.
- Complete an interview at local USCIS office
- Take the Citizenship English and Civics Test, if applicable and respond to additional requests for evidence
- Receive a decision from USCIS
- Take the U.S. Oath of Allegiance